Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh such inspiration!


This video / song have struck me so suddenly with thoughts that I can't rightly put down into words.
I am not that huge of a fan of Panic! at the Disco...  I love their first album, but ever since then they have gotten more and more iffy...

This song however...
I have been wanting to write a concept album for a while now.. I finally have everything I need to accomplish this task.

While I am not the greatest writer in the world, I know I have friends that would be more than happy to help me out.
Eddie will be my biggest aid in this I can already tell.

Just listen to the lyrics.

So here it is...

Think of it.. It is a village separated from all other time and space.  It is one in and of itself.  No one in the village has ever been outside it's walls. 
Then two lovers...
Katilette and Cadman.

Of course love is at the root of the uproar.

It will be a very Whisper House -ish episodic story driven from song to song.  Almost musical like.
I am leaning towards trying to make a short film out of it.



I think ten tracks from start to finish will tell the story I want to.
I know this will take years, but years is something I have.

To steam punk or not to steam punk?

All I know is that I hate sitting in one spot for too long..
I am ready to get out of here...
I don't belong here...

I am $1600 away from being where I think I belong...

How tragic...

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...

1 comment:

  1. Tell me which side I'm on,
    Approaching constant failure..
    Tell me which side I'm on,
    Who's friend or foe?
    Approaching constant failure...

    Between love and hate
    Which path to follow?
    How can I keep balance in this race?
    Come faith, I'm dying... Slowly

    In many ways I'm the burden that divides us from the light,
    In many ways you're the halo that keeps my spirit alive.
    Temptation,
    Play the good or evil part,
    With me, you evoke the dark,
    Erase the free will...
    ...Watch me heal


    Tell me which side I'm on,
    Approaching constant failure..

    Between love and hate
    Which path to follow?
    How can I keep balance in this race?
    Come faith, I'm dying...

    Amused by the trials and tribulations,
    If I survive I fly from here,
    But as The Chosen Pessimist
    I carve my name in stone
    I... carve my name in stone

    ReplyDelete