Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There is beauty in the suffering...

Dolere Dulcis Est

So humanity sickens me sometimes.

This is going to be a short blog about the retelling of a very unfortunate event that happened yesterday.

Yesterday I spent a good five hours walking around the town of Yucca Valley checking back in with places about jobs and such.
Well I had just gotten out of Pizza Hut and was really feeling discouraged. I usually walk with only one earphone in, but this time I felt like crap so I was gonna be the kid that walks around with his music blaring in both ears... Just before i place the second ear phone in my ear I hear a cry for help.  So I was like - Holy crap - What was that?

So I spend a couple seconds looking around and I can't tell where it had come from. I walk around this car and there is this little old lady a couple spaces away on the ground in agony.  I run over to her and crouch down beside her... I couldn't really get a coherent response out of her due to how much pain she was in - so I pull out my cell phone and call 911.  The lady on the phone asks me where I am - so I respond "I am at the Pizza Hut in Yucca Valley off of Twentynine Palms Hwy."  I then tell her that a lady is hurt, unable to move, and in terrible pain.  She then asks for cross streets... Really?  I am at effing Pizza Hut on Twentynine Palms Hwy in Yucca Valley.. There is not another Pizza Hut anywhere near there!

So what does the idiot do?  She transfers me to the sheriff's office so they can look up where I am.  It takes the cop two seconds to figure out where I am.... The cop then puts me on hold... A 911 call on hold!  and transfers me back to the idiot 911 operator.   She then tells me that she received the address from the police and that an ambulance would be there in five to ten minutes. 
She then tells me not to move the woman and such and then asks if I need her help with anything else.  After I say no she hangs up...

So here I am in front of Pizza Hut trying to comfort this woman who seems to have either broken her hip or her leg.  Some people that have sense gathered around us point out that there is a fire truck outside of a store across the parking lot.  Just when someone is about to run over and get them they come out talking on their radios.  So I think - sweet they got the call and now we don't have to wait for the ambulance to get here for this lady to get some help...  They wait for their buddy to finish getting groceries before coming over to us...  When they do get to us - the fire fighter in the back points to the old lady on the ground, says something, and starts to laugh.. Really?!  Are you kidding me?  How sick of a human being do you have to be??

So they lolly-gag out of the fire truck taking their sweet time getting their gear out.  Then one guy just starts poking and prodding the woman while whistling "I've been working on the railroad".

Seriously... Why are you in a career where you are supposed to help people when it is obvious you don't give a damn about anything but that damn pension you are promised? 

There are so many details I have left out just due to absolute anger...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're the hero of the story, but this makes me sick. If that's the town you live in I'm glad you're moving soon. Either take your job seriously or give it up for someone who actually gives a shit about others.(Personally, CamBam The Fireman has a nice ring to it :P )

    But seriously, people of this time period are selfish, uncaring, immature, and overall disgust me.

    Props to you for being the only person in your town that has a soul.

    ReplyDelete